BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ring in Wednesday – 1.20.2010


Today is our one year anniversary with Barack – do you think he will remember? Of course he will, yes, I am sure by days’ end there will be a dozen roses waiting for us all simply signed “Here’s to seven more, B.” And while although I am tempted to ask some of the more obvious questions for our forum today – what are his greatest accomplishments, what are his greatest failures, what ranking do you give him or any of the other “comprehensive” reviews we will no doubt be flooded by today from all corners of the news media, but I instead will ask a different question.

Let’s go back to inauguration day, I had a French toast & coffee viewing party with friends where we watched every single moment of all of the festivities including Aretha Franklin’s crazy hat, John Roberts’ blooper on the oath of office, George & Laura riding off in a helicopter and who could forget Dick Cheney in a wheelchair (what are you doing moving boxes anyways?)? Like you, I know I got carried away and perhaps even enthralled by watching the festivities and there were a few things that really caught my interest.

I know most of us pay much attention to Mr. Obama being the first African-American President, but I wonder if we lose sight of the fact that he is also the first President who grew up in Hawaii? Obama’s Hawaiian heritage was showcased during the President’s Home State Ball, which I don’t remember being the least bit interested in when it was a Texan on Arkansasan shindig (really how much honky tonk and barbeque can we stand?), but leis, Jack Johnson and luau faire made me want to plan my own Presidential Home State Ball which brings me to my question, what would your Presidential Home State Ball be like? And/or how would you celebrate your home state throughout your Inauguration?

1 comments:

Cafe Observer said...

Is it Wed again, already?
Has 25% of the new President Obmama's term already been used up?

Well, I'm sure there could bee no better Anniversary gift to de Prezident than the news today outta the Bluest state in de union, MASsachusetts.