BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 26, 2009

U2 360


Last night, along with tens of thousands of other devotees, in what is estimated to be the largest crowd in the history of the Rose Bowl, I saw U2’s 360 show. Apologies for the lack of pictures, I’ll post when my home life is a bit more settled and I have wireless at home. But a few quick thoughts on 360 during this jaunt to the local Bean Town for blissful wireless access…

Despite knowing all the words to all of the songs on Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum and Achung Baby, I figured out mid-week, that Achtung Baby was the most recent U2 album I owned. And the use of word recent if probably far from appropriate as I estimate I purchased it in 1992 when I wore a size six. Sunday in a reprieve from unpacking and the joys of being a home owner (I already have two things that aren’t working right, BTW), I bought U2’s Best of 1990-2000 (I think) and quickly got caught up.

It is funny, because I never stopped loving U2, maybe we were just on a bit of a break. Seeing U2 perform many of my faves in a spectacle of multi-media extravaganza unrivaled in contemporary music/concert going, well, we are back on. By the way, through discreet eavesdropping, I just “learned” that the giant, round/sphere screen took 100 eighteen wheelers to transport. I don’t have any eloquent bow to tie up this post with, but I am for one glad I was able to be part of history last night at the Rose Bowl, the icing on the cake was it prevented me from seeing the devil incarnate clinch the American League Pennant.

2 comments:

ben wideman said...

After the Greatest Hits 90-00, you have three additional studio albums to catch up on! Get to work - you have a few months until Anaheim in June.

Cafe Pasadena said...

I missed you 2day @ BeanTown. You must've gone later in the evening.

Thanks for your 1st impression of the show. I'm trying to let it all settle in before I post my "review." Would you say the experience was Narnia-like??

(btw, what's happened to our great USC defense the last 2 weeks? problems, problems...)