BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

irresponsibility...


I hate to check the mail. Perhaps I am reacting to a previous roommate who compulsively checked the mail but the fact of the matter is that I am doing a good job if I think to check it twice a month.  Obviously, if there is a check pending, I will check the mail more often but when I believe all I will find is bills than it tends to be less often.  Yesterday my roommate accomplished the chore after what we both think might have been close to a month of not one check.  Our mailman must hate us.   But upon checking the mail, along with many overdue bills I found that my car insurance had been canceled on (wait for it) MARCH 10TH.  Yes, for two full weeks I have been driving around town with absolutely no coverage.  So this morning, first thing, I called my insurance people to see what could be done to make things right.  I didn’t even attempt to explain why I had neglected to pay my premium which was overdue weeks ago.  I spent most of the day faxing over forms, taking pictures and touching base with my agent/new best friend, Tammy who didn’t judge me, she simply said, these things happen.

I could learn a lot from Tammy.  And yes, my there was very little way I could keep this debacle from my co-workers ultimately ruining any notion they might have had that I was remotely close to a responsible person.  There is really no good reason for a lapse of coverage and seeing as to prior to this I hadn’t the foggiest idea of where the fax machine even was at my work, I couldn’t really keep the whole process secret as much as might have like to.  Worse yet, my roommate discovered there was a warrant out for her due to an unpaid traffic violation.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My car insurance has been expired since March 13th and I just paid it today. (But, to my credit, they mailed my renewal form to my old address). I've not only driven around, I've driven clients around. I also check my mail infrequently. I get it out of the box at least once per week, but I only open it a couple times per month. And sometimes I open it and put in a "to do" pile and then wait forever to do something with it. Adulthood=lots of work.