BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The big news is…


Ladies and gentlemen, with no further adieus, the big news is, cue drum roll, I bought a house! And not just any house, it was the earlier described avocado house. Through twists and turns, it looks as though I will be moving in by the month’s end, around the time of my upcoming birthday. No doubt this milestone will be a topic of many, many blogs.

Immediately I am painfully aware that homeowners ought to have buckets. What I mean by that and/or where I am going with the bucket line is there are a lot of little to medium size items (for example buckets) that you just have to have when you own a house. In an apartment they are impractical and unnecessary, but in a house, well, you have to have a bucket. You never know when you will wash your car, pick avocados, need to wash out something – you get the point. With all of these little looming things on the horizon, I am starting to feel like any left over money I have will be spent on buckets and so forth.

And still no NL West Champs.

5 comments:

ben wideman said...

Congrats!

And we just need to beat the Rockies once this week and the NL West will be ours. Lets go for the sweep to really rub salt in the wound.

Cafe Pasadena said...

I'm very happy for you, Jen! Wat a difference a year makes. Your own home - are you starting to feel old? I know it will be the subject of at least 2 blogs. I just pray it's here in Pasadena or on the border.

It hasn't even rained yet and you've already got out your buckets?!

pasadenapio said...

Congratulations! If it's in Pasadena, be sure to sign up for as many PWP rebates as possible!

Michael Coppess said...

I'm glad you got the avocado house!! If you don't have one, you need to plant a lemon tree so you'll have fresh lemon juice for your avocados.

pasadenapio said...

I have an invitation for you if you don't mind emailing me at pasadenapio@gmail.com

Thanks.