BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Pastors wives


Recently I was at work, well, glamorous as it might sound, making copies, when one of my co-workers asked another co-worker and I about the definition of a religious term. Remember, for the purposes of this story, we all work for a church and we are all women. I gave my definition while the other co-worker gave an answer that varied greatly from mine. None of the three of us was anywhere near a computer so “googling it” was not an option. My co-worker found herself stuck – whose definition was she going to endorse?

She decided to go with the other woman’s answer because, and this is the part that almost breaks my heart, she is a pastor’s wife. And as a disclaimer, I don’t mean to poke fun at the pastor’s wife in this story because I am really quite fond of her, but really? Is this 2010 or 1950? I suppose in certain circles sleeping with a pastor really makes one more qualified to speak on religious terms than a graduate degree in theology.

2 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

Well, if you had to do it over would you rather have a nite of sex with a pastor instead of years of studying theology, et al?

"It's not what you know, it who you know" Ancient Wisdom

Miscellannie said...

as a PW, all I can say is I'd much rather have you answer theological questions and give definitions than me. I don't like being boxed in either. [I once was late to a church women's dinner and was greeted by "Oh great, you're finally here to say grace."]